We firmly believe into the slogan of Weeks … at School! “If I listen I forget, if I see I remember, if I do I understand” and participated in ten “school mornings” for a total of 20 workshops in as many classes, for a total of about 550 students.
Each workshop, about an hour and a half, provided an introductory part to illustrate the basic concepts of VR, the tools used and the reasons why they are ‘built’ just like that. This was followed by some short clips to give some insights about some possible applications in the educational field, and to introduce the last section, the one expected by everyone, that is the hands-on test of the visors and their applications!
We have brought with us, in rotation, different types of VR viewers, from Google Cardboard v.1 and v.2, to Google Daydream, Sytros viewers, Merge VR, Mattel ViewMaster and Smaart, as well as a 360 ° camera with which the students were able to perform their first immersive shots.
The most challenging part of the meetings was always the final one, in which the students had to – yes – leave the visors on the counters and leave the workshop.
Here is the list of schools where we brought our laboratory:
- I.C. SABA – TURIN – CIRC. 5 (BORGO VITTORIA)
- I.C. GOZZANO – VILLARBASSE, RIVOLI (TO)
- I.C. DI AZEGLIO – VESTIGNE ‘(TO)
- I.C. 1 PIOSSASCO – PIOSSASCO (TO)
- I.C. PEYRON – TURIN – CIRC. 8 (NICE MILLEFONTI)
- I.C. ALBERTI – TORINO CIRC. 3 (SAN PAOLO)
- I.C. L. DA VINCI – TURIN – CIRC. 6 (FALCHERA)
- I.C. REGIO PARCO – TURIN – CIRC. 7 (REGIO PARK)
- MEDIA PEROTTI SCHOOL – TURIN
- I.C. GONIN – GIAVENO (TO)
See you in 2019!